Re: Europa-List: Re: Landing Gear Warning SystemLanding Gear Warning Sys

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Landing Gear Warning SystemLanding Gear Warning System
From: roddyeuropa@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 04:27:56
're- Has anyone fitted a switch which detect the position of the lock?'

Yes, I have a small magnet on the gear down latch which activates a magneti
c reed switch on the console only when the latch is in the right position.
This lights up a green light 'gear down'. I didn't want to use a microswitc
h as I thought there was a chance that it could interfere with the latching
, which relies of the latch dropping into position under its own (light) we
ight.

Roddy Kesterton

G-IKRK