Europa-List: fuel sight tube - advice needed how to prevent bubble

Subject: Europa-List: fuel sight tube - advice needed how to prevent bubble
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 07:30:28

Filled the tank in stages and checked the sight tube as its been a bit odd and
I thought I may have made a mistake in marking. At about 4/5ths full the reading
goes down but the vent tube stays full. I presume due to wiggles in the pipe
and when the surface tension matches the force of the air wanting to escape
the bubble stays and it misreads.
I am thinking putting a larger dia pipe from the tank to to vent would cure it
or maybe just a wide section (like a filter glass with no filter) might do it.

I only use if for ground fuel state assessment.

Found the seal on the electric qauge is seeping slightly, wretched thing wish
I'd
gone straight to the FPL5 fuel flow gauge.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS 912S/Woodcomp 3000/3W