Re: Europa-List: Side window for photography -is it easy, former?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Side window for photography -is it easy, former?
From: K BURNS <kjburns@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 01:06:48
Graeme,=0ASome good camera options to fasten on outside and use remote cont
rols...=0Ahttp://www.flightcam360.com/=0A-=0AWe have some clear view pane
ls and rails in the workshop off gliders...they can be sourced from mecaple
x Switzerland...if you want a tint to match your aircraft.=0A-=0AThere is
 a high risk in installing in a old transparency as they get brittle due to
 UV and stress....there will be an annealing temperature, that also is risk
y.=0A-=0AA high speed cut off saw (Air powered disk cutter ) is what we p
refer to use, drill screw holes with a blunted drill to avoid snatch breaka
ges...=0A-=0AMost gliders end up with damage from this area at some point
 in their life, usually caused by arms reaching in or out.=0A-=0AHence my
 opening sugestions !=0A-=0ABut a clear view panel saved us from coming t
o grief , on take off at dawn from Elverum in Norway, mid winter at minus 1
5 degrees when the canopy instantly iced as we got off the ground at dawn,
we circled the airfield as we climbed to meet the sun using the DV panels u
ntil the ice melted !=0A-=0AKevin=0A =0A=0A______________________________
__=0A From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.co
m =0ASent: Thursday, 5 September 2013, 22:12=0ASubject: Europa-List: Side w
indow for photography -is it easy, former?=0A  =0A=0A--> Europa-List messag
e posted by: "graeme bird" <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>=0A=0AI need to get the came
ra out through the perspex, fed up with reflections spoiling the shots. I l
ooked at it a while back and I recall someone had a template for cutting ou
t a glider style opening (Pete Jeffers?). I would be interested to know how
 hard it is to cut the perspex, whether you use the existing flap or it com
es with its own? Where I can buy them from?=0AIs a down flap best or slide?
 And where best to put it for strength and camera access.=0AThe cooling wou
ld be a help too.=0A=0AThanks=0A=0A--------=0AGraeme Bird=0AG-UMPY=0AMono C
lassic/XS 912S/Woodcomp 3000/3W=0ANewby: 75 hours 18 months =0Ag@gdbmk.c
o.uk=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this topic online here:=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronic
=========