Europa-List: Classic Europa; 912S exhaust cracks?

Subject: Europa-List: Classic Europa; 912S exhaust cracks?
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 02:15:05

After 16 years with the 912UL engine in a Classic monowheel, I changed the
undercarriage
to tricycle. But the rolling resistance is much greater, particularly
on grass, so I've bought a 912S to help me get into the air more easily.

My intention is to fit the replacement engine into the existing arrangements and
to use the same old-style stainless steel exhaust system, which dangles at an
angle rearwards beneath the engine.

This exhaust has served me well enough over 16 years, apart from a couple of
fractures
of the flange bolted to the left rear cylinder. My question to anyone
with experience similar to mine, or anyone who's heard from others, is "Am I
likely
to have a severe increase in exhaust cracking problems?"

Read this topic online here: