Europa-List: Tape measures

Subject: Europa-List: Tape measures
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 12:04:19
Hi Pete & Jonathan,

On the subject of tape measures, etc. There is a very useful feature on
Google Earth http://www.google.com/earth/index.html

If one zooms in to any location, the tape at the bottom right hand
corner provides Lat, Long and elevation to the nearest foot. If you use
the "Tools" button at the top, there is a "Ruler" tool which permits you
to measure plan view lengths to miles or inches if you choose. Both the
elevation and plan lengths are very accurate and can be used to measure
building sizes for example. It is very easy to do surveying from the
comfort of your computer.

Cheers, John