Europa-List: Re: Is bonding FL16 to fuse a bad idea?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Is bonding FL16 to fuse a bad idea?
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 19:42:10

Hi group

Thx. for your help and input.

Having a pass through for the FL 18 / FL 16 pivot was a good idea.

I rigged wings with flap cross tube installed between flaps, lifted the flaps to
match wing jig, assembled FL 16s clamped and between the lugs on the flap cross
tube, installed FL 18s with a pivot s that had holes for string pass through,
put a bushing on the inner flap hinges to hold string centered, then when
everything was adjusted with string as centered as we could get, then  Bondoed
the flap cross tube to fuse (lefty-righty centered), then FL 16s to fuse both
on top and bottom of floor.

In order to get registration of FL 18s perfectly parallel and aligned with FL
16s,
we used two stacks of black Nylon wide area washers (larger in diameter compared
to the white ones that come with the kit).

Insert hollow pivot and clamp and you get perfect and repeatable registration of
FL 18s for bonding.

Worked well.

Some pics after Fred Flaps:
http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=86985