Europa-List: Outrigger Wheel Fork

Subject: Europa-List: Outrigger Wheel Fork
From: Dave Moore <mooredca@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 23:37:28
Hello Folks,

Does anyone (in the UK) have a spare outrigger wheel fork that they would be
willing to part with, for a modest consideration..?

I suspect that Trigear conversions should mean that there are a good few
spare ones scattered around the Europa community.

I guess it's only fair to say why I'm seeking a replacement - not that you
couldn't guess..!  I managed to grind the wheel fork sleeve down to a knife
edge by a reasonably dramatic swerve, landing on a wide tarmac runway.
Ground loop..?  No, no, no.  Well, Yes.!

Fortunately, I did not hit anything or break anything else - bar grind the
nylon leg as well, I've procured a replacement via the Factory.

Yes, I've undergone tailwheel conversion training, LAA coaching on the Mono
and had my hand held a lot by some experienced monowheel Europa-ists.  But,
I am still a Mono novice and I was exceedingly rusty, and I should have got
myself current again on a grass strip, and I should have controlled my speed
better, and I should have flared more and held off longer, and landed with
no yaw, and been more aware of the (light) cross wind, and gone around when
I bounced.

And, I am going to persevere with the Mono configuration.   (For the moment,
anyway..!!)

Yours soberly,

Dave

Dave Moore