Re: Europa-List: Starboard flap pin doesn’t e

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Starboard flap pin doesn’t e
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:39:52
=?UTF-8?B?bmdhZ2UgZWFzeSBhbnkgbG9uZ2VyIMOiwoDCkyB3aHk/?

On 07/08/2013 06:13 PM, Neville Eyre wrote:
> Hi Roland,
> The ''eyeball''  ball socket is held captive by a ring [ collar ], if
> the ring has moved outboard, it will allow the eyeball to swivel too
> far, that is why the pin will jam in the hole.

What also helps is to use a bit of sticky grease ("white grease")
between the ball and the collar, and not moving the flap drive tube to a
different position when the wings are off. The ball will then stay in
the right position to catch the pin.
Before I had the sticky grease on but some teflon doped oil in it
instead, the balls turned with any movement and rigging was sometimes
very difficult.

Frans