Europa-List: Club AGM

Subject: Europa-List: Club AGM
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 22:25:35

To all of those who sent your apologies thank you. It seems as if the
weather throughout the world has been problematic today, ranging from Sleap,
Christchurch in New Zealand, Bordeaux, Holland, and definitely Popham (not
forgetting Calgary and India).

Well the AGM went ahead and we had two Europas fly in today, Goff Moore in a
trigear and our intrepid Events co-coordinator David Joyce in his monowheel-
well done guys and hopefully you arrived home in one piece. Winds were
gusting 30 plus knots and the rain squalls were unpredictable to say the
least.
There was a larger attendance than I could have hoped for, in the weather
circumstances, so thank you to you all for taking the trouble and time to
drive to Popham. It was an interesting if, at times, challenging meeting but
then you would all hope that the membership can make the Committee account
for its actions and decisions.

Thank you to all the Committee for their support and especially Nigel
Graham, and retired Chairman Dave Bosomworth, for their sterling efforts at
the Barbeque.

More news will come out once the minutes have been compiled but for those
who have expressed concerns about Ian Rickard, the good news is that he and
Irene attended the AGM and BBQ and Ian is making good progress and was well
received by your co members.
In order to assist Ian with his recovery, the Committee has agreed with Ian
and Irene to appoint Nigel Graham as Ian's assistant Mods Rep and his exact
role will be clarified and reported shortly.

Enough for now but once again thank you.
Regards
Steve Pitt
Chairman, Europa Club