RE: Europa-List: fuel return line restrictor

Subject: RE: Europa-List: fuel return line restrictor
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 19:43:13

Hi Rowland,

We have the Europa restrictor and with the new pump the fuel pressure comes
in at 5psi (the higher end of what is required).

We did some fuel pressure checks with an analogue guage and the pressure was
pretty much the same at idle and full power. I think the new Rotax pumps are
self regulating (pressure wise) soi the size of the rerstrictor would seem
to be irrelavent.

IMHO the more fuel that bleeds back to the tank the better (within reason)
as this keeps the temps in the engine bay as low as possible.

Carl - G-LABS