Europa-List: Re: 912UL operating temperature

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 912UL operating temperature
From: Richard Lamprey <lamprey.richard@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 01:27:10

Thanks everyone for their detailed responses, and to Nigel for info on carb
adjustment.

This 912UL has 560 hrs, and I operate off a strip at 5500 asl, usual ambient
temp
is about 28C.  So I am sure it will be running a bit rich, and I was used to
slightly sooty plugs, but not to point of misfire.  Recently I have been
operatring
a bit more at 12,000' asl (yes a 912UL/ fixed pitch prop will get me there,
but only 1 up)

I havnt done any carb adjustments recently, but having unblanked the radiators
it all got worse (all plugs but especially the cool back ones, (3 and 4) , so
the first thing is to blank them again, and see.  And fly lower.  Not enough
time
for all these tests, but will try a bit at a time over the next few months.

If it persists, then I'll look at the carbs again.

Thanks again.

All best
Richard
Kenya