Re: Europa-List: SV: SV: fuel flow and return line status

Subject: Re: Europa-List: SV: SV: fuel flow and return line status
From: glenn rainey <nimbusaviation@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 20:58:39

Clive, group,

My recollection is the FS02 sits with the recess upstream, in other words on the
carb side not the tank side - visible when you poke it into the hose - it's
firmly lodged in there, and removal needs cutting some hose; it will not
migrate?

I am nervous about any solution which involves just poking the aperture clear of
blockage. I am also concerned about a tiny restrictor fitting pushed into a
hose and maybe 'forgotten', out of the interval inspection list too.

This tiny hole is vulnerable to collecting debris, so if found blocked the fix
should I think involve root-cause discovery - in our case it was probably
perishing
hose beyond swap out interval -there's plenty of it in the Europa as we
know.

Prevention is perhaps the next step? Again, methinks an in-line filter upstream,
but many extra variables there plus the whole issue of 'Approval', so we've
not considered that further.

Our Rotax agent pointed out that the carb has internally a similar sized
aperture
in the fuel path.

Glenn Rainey
G-OJHL