Europa-List: Re: mid-door latch - YERLY

Subject: Europa-List: Re: mid-door latch - YERLY
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 04:34:44

When I was busy completing my doors about 17 years ago, this gap between the
door
forward and rear edges and the door frame made me unhappy. My solution, when
bonding in the bushes for shoot bolts into the door, was to make them project
enough to almost bridge the gap. Then I built up a flox/redux fillet around
the projecting portion of each bush to ensure the security of the bushes.
Finally
I cut the pushrods to suitable lengths to make the shoot bolts engage fully
into the door frames.

As regards the truth of Bud's advice re cockpit gadgets, yeah, absolutely,
right-on,
couldn't agree more. I started flying for my living in 1967 and I'm still
going strong until I retire in 2014. I've seen more gadgets than I care to
remember
and they're mostly helpful when flying IFR, but could be lethal when VFR
if you allow them to reduce your lookout.

Read this topic online here: