SV: Europa-List: SV: Re: SV: fuel flow and return line status

Subject: SV: Europa-List: SV: Re: SV: fuel flow and return line status
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 19:18:31

 Hello Clive,

> Thinking more about the single fuel flow setup - would you agree that
> another way of checking the restrictor is not blocked, is simply to
monitor
> that there IS fuel flow without the engine running but with the boost pump
> running?  I get around 9L/hr.
>
> Assuming the float chambers are full and there are no external leaks, not
> sure where else fuel can go if it is not being consumed by a running
engine. . .

> Clive

Yes, I do agree.  This is effectively the same as I will do with my
two-sender set-up :  momentarily switch off the feed (total) flow sender and
switch the return flow sender to the feed input as a single sender.

Your 9L/hr return flow is close to what I measured when I, too, had a system
with only one sender - I got approx. 10L/hr.  However, if you have adjusted
the k-factor to get a reasonably good totalizer function (i.e. adjusted the
k-factor so that the displayed fuel consumed on an average flight is
approximately correct), your actual return flow is higher than the displayed
flow, of course.

Regards,
Svein