Europa-List: Red Cube transducer k factor

Subject: Europa-List: Red Cube transducer k factor
From: John Heykoop <john.heykoop@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:23:34

Hi all

I have just added an Electronics Instruments fuel flow/pressure instrument to my
panel, with the "red cube" fuel flow transducer installed in the LAA's preferred
location (behind the firewall, in the fuel line from the electrical to the
mechanical pump).

I know that that if I use the "auto calibrate mode" when filling the tank the K
factor will gradually adjust, so that after a number of refills the instrument
should become pretty accurate. However, to give me a head start, can anyone
with a similar set up advise to what value I should set the initial K factor so
as to get a reasonably accurate reading? My engine is a Rotax 912S.

Many thanks.

John
G-JHKP mono