Europa-List: Re: Northolt connections

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Northolt connections
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 08:35:12

Hello Paul.
I am not going into great detail, More important to me is to defend the time and
effort of others who have contributed to this topic and made good sense.
Not in detail,but i went up to the LAA rally, my first visit, some CAA
representatives
where talking to the public,
I asked two question, one on infringing controlled airspace,and the other
on locator beacons,
I said if i clip the corner of controlled airspace inadvertently, ie just by a
mile or two, would i be in trouble,
Answer briefly and i can,t remember the numbers given.
He said all my track would have been recorded on radar, and airlines on approach
have a separation distance  from invading traffic, and if a plane is seen
entering
(infringing the airspace)while an airline is on approach he would have
to instruct a go around.
I said even if i was only just inside, He said we have no way of telling what
you
are going to do. That,s it right or wrong that,s what the man told me,
not many prosecuted but they intend to prosecute more in the future.
I very much appreciate those who have posted in on VFR,SVFR ete , i read the
forum,
and that was all good useful stuff.

My Other Question to the CAA.
I want to carry a locator  beacon, and switch it on if i have engine failure,
or EFATO, no radio at the time,  and then make a successfully landing, With i be
in trouble from the CAA. as the rescue services may be on there way.
NO

Alan

Read this topic online here: