Europa-List: Filling/Painting Classic wings & Tail. SUPERFIL? SP106?

Subject: Europa-List: Filling/Painting Classic wings & Tail. SUPERFIL? SP106?
From: G-ODTW <dave@robotas.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 12:40:51

I thought it a good idea to get my tailplanes balanced before I put my top on.
They needed filling (I used Ampreg21/Expancel as per Europa manual) & then will
need painting. But I am now finding it a heck of a job to sand the filler. After
2 days of it, I have had enough. The sandpaper constantly clogs, and it is
bl**** hard work - And my Classic wings are much bigger than the tail!
Some people seem instead to use Superfil. But I am also told that SP106 is the
resin many people use for the surface filling job, which sands without problems,
presumably with the supplied Expancel.

Many folk have trodden this path before me, using many methods. 20 years on, is
there now a "best practice" for filling / sanding / painting?

All advice greatfully received. Thanks. Dave Walters.

--------
David Walters

Read this topic online here: