Re: Europa-List: Question for 914 users

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Question for 914 users
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:52:52

Many thanks once again Gilles.

Mine is nothing like yours. As I said a little while back, I'm letting sleeping
dogs lie at the moment. I'm certainly getting plenty of power on take-off so
I don't think it is worth stressing over.

When I found the blocked up filter in the line to the sensor, I jumped to the
conclusion
that the "problem" was solved and now I can't be sure if I checked the
actual hose well enough.

The new filter I fitted was a bit agricultural so when I get to fitting a better
one that I have now purchased, I will do a more thorough check of the line
itself.

Thanks again for your most appreciated follow up.

Hope your recent flying was done in more pleasurable conditions than we are
experiencing
over here at the moment.  Stinking hot here, rough as bags and dreadful
smoke haze with minimum visibility takes away all the pleasure.

Cheers
Kingsley

Sent from my iPhone

Kingsley,
> Update on this subject : flew 2h45 yesterday. Timed the boost gauge : no lag
whatsoever, the MP reaches the red line at the same time the throttle lever
reaches
the stop.