Europa-List: Door Lugs - serious problem

Subject: Europa-List: Door Lugs - serious problem
From: jglazener <j.glazener@planet.nl>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 13:51:59

I have nearly finished fitting my doors. Last weekend I put in the ball fittings
for the gas struts. I put on the struts, and with a felt pen in hand to cross
off yet another historic chapter I gently closed the door. Crack!!- the lug
had not just broken off but practically disintegrated.

See  http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=105733

Shocked but assuming this was a one off I moved to the other door. Mindfully I
treated this very carefully, but even with light hand pressure the lug also came
off forthwith.

I understand from another builder that there should be an aluminium plate inside
the lug, but there certainly are none in mine, at least not in the position
of the hole.

Anybody had this same problem? If so is there a repair method?

--------
Jeroen

http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=44165

Read this topic online here: