Re: Europa-List: Fuel Tank

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel Tank
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:04:27
If the 'coating'  you refer to is flouronation, then it is very difficult
to tell.  If the flouronation is done to a high level, then the finish of
the plastic is 'frosty', similar to a 'frosted' opaque window.

That said, even if the tank has been flouronated (which they are from the
Europa factory for many years), if the vent and fill holes are cut open to
the finished sizes the fuel will still permeate and swell the plastic
through the cuts, since the flouronated layer is only 'atoms' thick.

Cheers,
Pete
A239 as always, still a pile of parts