Re: [Spam] Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Return Line

Subject: Re: [Spam] Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Return Line
From: Alex Kaarsberg <kaarsberg@terra.com.br>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 12:04:34
I would expect return pressure to depend on the height to which it is pushed
, ie the height of the surface or opening.
Exit to top of tank will provide equal (in average higher) back pressure tha
n if return is at the bottom, all other parameters being equal...

Alex, kit 529

Enviado via iPhone

Em 01/11/2012, =C3-s 23:32, GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.c
om> escreveu:

> Jim
> I have always put the fuel return into the top of the tank, (I used a rede
signed tank fitting that incorporated the breather connection (3/8 aluminum)

> fuel return and sight gauge return connection. Much less back pressure at t
he top of the tank and the (maybe hot from the engine driven pump)
> then mixes with the main bulk of the tank contents before going baCK TO TH
E ENGINE. sorry kaps lok again!
> Graham

 Seaton at Rotech.

> He suggested we measure how much pressure is required to return the fuel t
o the tank (from regulator). Remove return hose from top of regulator, plug o
ne side of banjo fitting and blow into other (don=C3=A2=82=AC=84=A2t i
ngest fuel!). it should be very easy (max is 1.5 PSI  pressure loss with bot
h pumps on: 914 installation manual sec 14.3)

> We found with the fuel tank full the pressure required was more than we co
uld easily blow.  With the tank half empty not much pressure was required.  O
ur system is per Europa with the return at the bottom of the tank.  Calculat
ions show the pressure of the column of fuel in a full tank (15 inches of fu
el) is about .4 psi which is certainly less than 1.5 psi.

> The Europa setup has worked OK for over 400 hours, but perhaps it would be
 better to return the fuel to the top of the tank.  Opinions?

> Jim & Heather
> N241BW
>

> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronicsease Support ref="http://www.matronics.com/contri