Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Return Line

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Return Line
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 01:32:45
=0A=0AJim=0AI have always put the fuel return into the top of the tank, (I
used a redesigned tank fitting that incorporated the breather connection (3
/8 aluminum)=0Afuel return and sight gauge return connection. Much less bac
k pressure at the top of the tank and the (maybe hot from the engine driven
 pump)=0Athen mixes with the main bulk of the tank contents before going ba
CK TO THE ENGINE. sorry kaps lok again!=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A__________________
______________=0A From: "h&jeuropa" <butcher43@att.net>=0ATo: europa-list@m
atronics.com =0ASent: Thursday, 1 November 2012, 19:45=0ASubject: Europa-Li
uropa" <butcher43@att.net>=0A=0AWhile trying to understand our recent 914 p
ower problems, we talked to Rob Seaton at Rotech.=C2- =0A=0AHe suggested
we measure how much pressure is required to return the fuel to the tank (fr
om regulator). Remove return hose from top of regulator, plug one side of b
anjo fitting and blow into other (don=C3=A2=82=AC=84=A2t ingest fuel!
). it should be very easy (max is 1.5 PSI pressure loss with both pumps on:
=0A 914 installation manual sec 14.3) =0A=0AWe found with the fuel tank ful
l the pressure required was more than we could easily blow.=C2- With the
tank half empty not much pressure was required.=C2- Our system is per Eur
opa with the return at the bottom of the tank.=C2- Calculations show the
pressure of the column of fuel in a full tank (15 inches of fuel) is about
.4 psi which is certainly less than 1.5 psi. =0A=0AThe Europa setup has wor
ked OK for over 400 hours, but perhaps it would be better to return the fue
l to the top of the tank.=C2- Opinions?=0A=0AJim & Heather=0AN241BW=0A=0A
=0A=0A=0ARead this topic online here:=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com/view
=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2