Re: Europa-List: Working cabin heater

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Working cabin heater
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 23:37:18

ploucandco a crit :

> Hello all,
>
> The cold season is starting this week in Eastern Europe!
>
> I am looking at options to have a really working cabin heater for my rotax 914
based Europa. Mean that it is still warm enough in the cabin at -20C (flying
in winter when everything is white is something marvelous).

> My understanding is that only a heater with air warmed from the exhaust will
achieve that.

> Does someone has pictures/instruction/specific parts of a working system for
a 914 Europa?

Jacques,

Here what we did :
http://contrails.free.fr/cellule_chauffage_en.php

Very efficient, no fumes, but you need a correctly designed *radiator duct.*
Hope this helps,

Best regards,
--
Gilles