Europa-List: Re: 914 surging/loss of power

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 914 surging/loss of power
From: ploucandco <jacques@platisource.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:42:31

Jim,

I got about the same issue with my 914 some months ago. At full power, the
engine
run fine or didn't give full power (oscillating RPMs) depending on the time
of the day and the ambient temperature (typically more than 30C).

After checking many different items (took some weeks), I found 2 mojor items. I
replaced the rubber flanges between the manifold and the carbs. One was not
hermetic.
The other item was to clean up all fuel lines. The grid of my gascolator
had a hole and many particles found their way till the pumps. That cleared
up the surging/loss of power issue and further enjoyed my Europa for some long
trips :-)

Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Jacques.

Read this topic online here: