Re: Europa-List: Mod 33 Water drains

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 33 Water drains
From: klinefelter.kevin@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 12:37:30
Hi Jerry,
I don't think it's water. I run 10% ethanol all the time, have the drains an
d a gascolator and have never found water. The alcohol will absorb water and
 therefor not show up at the low point.
The stumble at full power could have been a carb bowl gasket leaking. I bet y
our attention to the carbs will solve the problem.

Kevin

On Oct 4, 2012, at 11:29 AM, "Jerry Rehn" <rehn@rockisland.com> wrote:

> I purchased this mod sometime ago and have yet to install it. I have not h
ad any issues until lately, I think. I did not like the idea of adding more f
ittings and complications to the fuel system not to mention it looks like a p
ain to do! So I am looking for two things. How many are experiencing water i
n their Fuel and what kind of fuel? And those of you that have installed the
 Mod, how tough was it and have you found water?
> Regarding my issue, I fueled up with 6 gallons I now know has up to 10% et
hanol on top of about 6 gallons not sure about alcohol .In the past my fuel h
as been alcohol free, so maybe this has drawn in some water. Plane sat for t
en days, no rain but humid. Started great, warmed up, ran mag check, fine, w
ent to take off and engine stumbled badly as I approached full throttle thin
king the water if any started moving forward to tank outlets. Backed off and
 ran fine again, did the same a second time, had enough, taxied back running
 fine. Have since raised tail to get any possible water to drain forward and
 pumped out 4 gallons, no water. However I may have run all the water throug
h. I checked the turbo and all looks well.
> I have checked fuel flow and filter all fine. I ordered a bing overhaul ki
t and have the carbs dismantled, so far they look good. Should have everythi
ng back together by weekend unless I tackle mod 33 so would like advice ther
e. I am thinking water is the prime suspect. I will have the carbs totally a
part in a few hours so will be able to rule these in or out. I have had over
 ten years of =9Csewing machine=9D fine running engine so this i
s not fun! Thank you for help and advice.

=========
=========
=========
=========