Re: Europa-List: New to List

Subject: Re: Europa-List: New to List
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 23:10:47

Jeremy, for what it is worth I wouldn't bother with an
inter cooler . I have flown from the Arctic to the Sahara
with my 914 working nicely without one. I am far from
skinny, at least by European standards and 6' 2" but am
very comfortable in the standard XS cabin. My advice would
be to keep it simple and above all to keep it as light as
possible. Check out the weights of aircraft on the Europa
Club website and you will find a range of 150 lbs or more
between the lightest and heaviest 914 XSs, and there is no
doubt about which end of the spectrum will perform
better.have never known any of my friends have difficulty
getting into either a trigear or a mono and haven't seen
anyone with a step.
          Although we can get a bit critical of the LAA at
times it is worth saying that the fatal accident rate of
LAA aircraft is much the same as UK certified aircraft,
whereas the story with US experimentals is rather
different.
         Happy building, David Joyce,G-XSDJ