RE: Europa-List: beringer wheel & brake for monowheel

Subject: RE: Europa-List: beringer wheel & brake for monowheel
From: Richard Churchill-Coleman <richard.churchillcoleman@sky.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 19:48:24
For those who expressed an interest in the Beringer system weight saving, I
asked the UK agent, Brad Goodfellow of Pioneer Aircraft UK (through whom I
have bought a kit) if he could set out the manufacturer's calculations for
the weight saving.  I don't have the comparisons to hand that others have
posted on the forum to do a comparison, but the figures that Brad gave me
and asked me to post on the forum are as follows (in kg) and Brad was keen
to emphasise that his experience of Beringer is that they are meticulous in
calculating their weight saving statistics, with a large chunk of the
savings here coming from a heavy inner tube which is now redundant:

Beringer

Original Europa System

Rim

7.85

10.58

Disc

Tyre

7.00-6" AirTrac 6 Ply

7.00-6" Condor 6 Ply

Tube

NO TUBE

TUBE

Caliper

0.78

Fixing Plate

Axle

0.85

1.36

Washers

Total

8.7

Total

12.72

Brad's details are below and he is happy to be contacted if anyone has
follow on queries:

Brad Goodfellow

Managing Director Pioneer Aircraft Ltd

Tel: +44 1873 851116