Europa-List: Arplast PV 50 Prop

Subject: Europa-List: Arplast PV 50 Prop
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:11:15

Hello All.
 1. I have a Arplast PV50, if a prop can be called a wobbly prop the PV 50 fits
the bill.
Is there a PV 50 owner out there who can give me some information on this
prop.??
There is no UK agent.
2.I have been filling the chips in the leading edge with Araldite and repainting
the tips.
The prop is about 10 years old and done about 400 hours,?? i have no idear when
it was last  balanced, but it seems OK in flight.
"Some say" it will need re balancing, in an ideal world i would go along with
that,
but its not an ideal world,and the use of common sence needed.
However i stand to be corrected if needed.
I now nothing about balancing props,but think the prop could now be slightly
more
or slightly less inbalance,but with intolerance.
The only way to really know is to check the balance before then after the
repairs,
and see the effect. We are talking about small repairs not big dobs of paint.

Has anyone done this, and can give an answer.

Alan

Read this topic online here: