Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 iS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 iS
From: klinefelter.kevin@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 06:03:41

Jeroan,
A Rotax expert based in Vernon BC Canada is working on installing and testing a
912iS in a Europa XS. His name is Rob Seaton. Rotech is the name of the
business.
Sorry I can't look up his contact info for at the moment, try the Rotax list
also.

Kevin

On Sep 16, 2012, at 3:05 AM, "jglazener" <j.glazener@planet.nl> wrote:

> The latest issue of Kitplanes has an article about the new Rotax 912 iS.
> Reading
the article carefully I have at least divined that it is not a joint venture
with Apple, and does not automatically post your position to Facebook, but
is in fact a souped-up engine.

> I am still busy with the plane itself, though inshallah I will be coming to
> the
stage where I will need an engine sometime next year. So far though I have
little insight into this esoteric part of the build. Herewith therefore some
questions
I hope some of you who have actually seen an engine close up can help
me with:

> Is this a replacement for the existing ULS or an addition to the range, like
the 914?

> Does it address the same user community as the ULS or does the performance and
/ or price put it in a different category?

> Is it a plug-in replacement for the ULS, i.e. would it use the same FF and
> other
hardware?

> Dynon (and probably others) provide a complete ULS monitoring solution for
> their
EFIS. Would that work with the iS or would it need a different kit?

> Any idea how much it would cost and what the cost / benefits would be compared
to the ULS?

> Given that it is new, how long would it realistically take until a complete
> idiot
proof installation is available for the Europa? For me that would mean towards
the end of next year.