RE: Europa-List: Exhaust heat shield for 912S

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Exhaust heat shield for 912S
From: David DeFord <deford.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 08:37:15

Richard,

We had chronic problems with the heat shield cracking and slipping out of
place on our XS mono/912S/oblong muffler.  Aluminum seemed like a pretty
poor choice for a heat shield (especially in a high-vibration environment),
so I bent up a replacement from thin stainless steel, with a few notches to
accommodate the bends.  No problems after several years of service.

Dave DeFord
N135TD