Europa-List: Re: seals for control surfaces

Subject: Europa-List: Re: seals for control surfaces
From: tennant <barrington.tennant@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 01:24:21

Just my 10c.

I have been flying with mylar seals on the upper flap joints and ailerons for 15
years.
No great float on landing.
No lifting of the seals on the ailerons up to VNE.
No idea if they have improved performance as I have always had them but I
measured
again on the weekend and have 119 Kts TAS at 16 L/Hr and 124 Kts TAS at 17
L/Hr at 3 - 4000 ft. I have no idea if that is good or bad for a 912 (80HP)
classic
mono.

Barry

--------