RE: Europa-List: Re: cameras and mounting

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: cameras and mounting
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 09:16:13

Hi Pete,

The Youtube clip is really clear and steady (no vibration). How is the
camera mounted onto the airframe.

I had real problems with vibration from the airframe.

The only way I managed to iron these out was to mount camera (it's a bullet
camera) on the headset side but only problem is that every time I turn my
head the field of view changes which doesn't make for good viewing.

The camera is a VIO pov camera which in itself is excellent as the camera
and control box are separate - you can see what the lens is seeing in real
time.

Just need to find a way of damping out the vibrations.