Re: Europa-List: Mylar seals and stall speed?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mylar seals and stall speed?
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:38:15

On 07/30/2012 09:25 PM, Pete Lawless wrote:

> And yes I forgot mine also has strips on the top of the trim tabs.  Nothing
> at all underneath.

Oh, I have the opposite. The hinge line (on top) matches perfectly with
the tail plane and trim tab so I decided to leave that alone. On the
underside thouph is quite a gap so I installed the seals there.

> Unfortunately I have never flown the aeroplane without the strips so I can't
> make a judgement as to their effectiveness.  But I do get a 120 kt + cruise
> at 14.4 litres per hour off an 80hp 912ul with an NSI vp prop.  Cruise revs
> 4,200.

I don't know the 912ul but this sounds pretty good to me! I can't get
120kt out of 14.4 liters with my 914.
Do you have a mono?

Frans