Europa-List: Life rafts in the Europa

Subject: Europa-List: Life rafts in the Europa
From: Bob Hitchcock <robert.hitchcock@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 21:34:07

Hi Gentlemen

Must be getting more safety conscious as I get older, having crossed the channel
dozens of times every which way, without life raft, only now am Iconsidering
one.

Just a quick poll. Does anyone take a life raft as part of the standard aircraft
kit? Now there are new super light, life rafts available, weighing in at only
6Kilos e.g. Revere. Whereas the more traditional weigh in at 12 to 15 kilo.
This light weight raft option still allows me to take full fuel and two
suitcases

Am tempted at 6 kilo to be out of the water in life jacket and with PLB.

Regards

Bob