Europa-List: Europa for repair on AFORS

Subject: Europa-List: Europa for repair on AFORS
From: Gerry Holland <gholland@contentstream.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 09:58:34

Carl Hi!
Your observations on the Europa 'wreck' were eloquently put and match my own.
I thought I would air the subject as someone less expert on Europa building
maybe
drawn into thinking this is doable.
Both of us have built a Europa and based on that experience I think, like you,
this advert lacks realistic direction and fact.
The occurrence leading to this crash was the alternator belt burning up after
alternator
seized.
Details:
http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/Europa,%20G-BWCV%2003-07.pdf

A Subaru Engine as per this Aircraft is worth only 1000 max.
The rest of aircraft is of dubious serviceability due to crash damage and being
stored over 5 years since incident.
IMHO. Buyer beware!
Regards
Gerry