RE: Europa-List: Saturday DOTH

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Saturday DOTH
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 09:34:36
Hi! Richard,

I was all set to walk out the house this morning when I realised my
Skyforce
Tracker 111C card was away for update !

So whether it is acceptable to fly depending on the GPS or not
unfortunately
I won't be attending your DOTH. Sorry.

However Duncan is miffed as to why there are never weekend DOTHS.

So I will call one for Saturday 5th May at Elstree(EGTR)Particularly
because
there=92s a good Cafe and also a Pooley=92s shop there and I need to
update some
charts for the Europa tour to North Baltic=92s, Finland and the North
Cape
commencing 31st May !

However landing instructions for Elstree are quite unusual.

MUST HAVE PPR before coming to the DOTH. Tel.0208 953 7480 .

Look carefully at Pooley=92s page and make sure you understand the
approach
and departure. It=92s a long four mile run each way  and you will need
to mix
with ALL other types of aircraft and be considerate towards their speeds
too
and understand the noise abatement rules.

Please remember a go around means a trip out to the M25 following the
noise
abatement rules and rejoining back at the 4 miles. It takes about 15
minutes. NO CIRCUITS PERMITTED. And the Southern Boundary is almost on
the
Heathrow TMA and runway 08 has quite a down slope.

Watch out for masts in the locality especially whilst keeping under
London
TMA.

Elstree telephone number is 0208 8953 7480, fuel is available 100LL and
Jet
A1 only.

Landing fees for a Europa are =A310.00..... Pooley=92s shop is open 10am
through
4pm.(Saturdays)

All aircraft are to have two way radio contact with Elstree, ( 122.40 )
call
before the 4 mile. Most base aircraft use Lee valley lakes or BNN the
FISO
will provide you with details of traffic and joining instructions.

Unfortunately Sunday looks to be the better day but Pooley=92s are only
open
on Saturday.

However I will publish a final check for a =93go=94 or =93no go=94 at
0700 on
Saturday morning   then as ever it is up to the PIC to make their final
decision.

Regards to all.

Bob Harrison   G-PTAG