Re: Re : Europa-List: starter battery - LiFePO4

Subject: Re: Re : Europa-List: starter battery - LiFePO4
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:14:40

On 04/30/2012 04:06 PM, NEEL Jean Philippe wrote:

> Je viens de t'envoyer un article sur ce type de batterie.
> Contrairement  la rponse d'un mec sur ce site  (frans weldman je

Hey! I see my name in this language encoded message!
Do you mind to translate this so other people on this list can read it
too? My native language is Dutch, but I wouldn't consider it polite to
revert to my native languate if I use this list to communicate with some
other Dutch members and name some participants in the process! (I can
read it though, thank to our Dutch education-system where we have to
learn three(!) foreign languages to graduate! Other members of this list
are not so fortunate though.)

> crois) les LFP sont parfaitement adaptes nos Rotax.

These batteries are NOT perfectly adapted to our Rotax's. The battery
doesn't care what the brand of the engine is. What matters though is
that the charger of the Rotax, like any other engine charger/alternator,
is designed for lead acid batteries, which require a constant voltage
and just take the amps needed to get a full charge.

One intriguing comment in the link you sent whas "Do not charge the
battery with more than 20 Amps as this will damage the battery." How
would you achieve this with a constant voltage charger like on our Rotax
engines???

Frans