Europa-List: Anyone interested in a 9lb battery/jumpstart kit?

Subject: Europa-List: Anyone interested in a 9lb battery/jumpstart kit?
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:06:19

Hi Group

I have quite a few brand new sets of components from a Jump Start Battery:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=550fc20dbddb521d&resid=550FC20DBDDB521D!413&parid=550FC20DBDDB521D!408&authkey=!ADA-L-1AURQ0PJU

We gutted the brand new jump start packs because we needed the case, volt meter,
flashlight and receptacles.

The set consists of one 9lb AGM sealed Lead Acid Battery, a 500mA constant
current
charger with line cord (UL approved), 1 set of jumper cables a little shy
of 2 feet long, the charger control board that turns charging off at ~ 14.1
volts,
also a DC cord that you can charge from a 12 VDC source (Red LED turns off
when charging is complete) and a 15 amp resettable fuse that was attached to
a cigarette adapter.

I'm looking for $10 each plus shipping. They work great as a bench 12 volt
source
or turning your 12 volt cordless drill into a corded version that you can use
the entire day. The local Battery Plus will give me 7$ each for just the battery
as scrap but it kills me to do that, all this stuff is brand new.

A little ingenuity will give you a nice jump start pack. Or buy a few hundred
and
make packs and sell them.

I need to move them by the end of next month.

Ron Parigoris

9lb battery/jumpstart kit shipping cost update.

Hi Group
I received a request for cost of shipping 3 kits:
USPS Large Flat Rate Box fits 3 kits, cost $15.45 anywhere in the continental
US,
so total for 3 kits $45.45

USPS Medium Flat Rate Box fits 2 kits, cost $11.35, so total for 2 kits $$31.35

For sure 1 kit will fit in a Medium Flat Rate Box for $11.35, so total cost for
1 kit $$21.35,  but if close to New York 11754 it may be worth it to go Parcel
Post. I gave weight and dimensions of the battery, add some bulk and another
2 pounds for the other stuff, you can look up on USPS site and figure which way
you would want one to ship.
BTW They were all top off charged as of 2 weeks ago (not a trivial job!). Also
I will provide a schematic for hooking up the charge control circuit, not very
difficult, but it has three outputs, one for charging the battery and two more,
one went to the 15 amp cigarette receptacle and the other to the volt meter.
This is really a great deal, I just don't have the time to put together into a
fully assembled pack that could be sold pretty easy for 30 or 35$. There are 500
kits at the moment, in a few weeks I will actively look for a new home for
them so if you are on the fence, speak now.
Here's where the rest of the jump start packs went:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YaKOkcDM_s
Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: