Europa-List: Re: Jeppesen weather

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Jeppesen weather
From: John Wighton <john@wighton.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 03:08:06

David,
The Jeppesen weather has changed but does not need a Facebook account.  You just
create a Jeppesen account login (free) and then access the pages as before
(different
interface).  I agree the new version is clunky and there does not appear
to be so many options - like animations, etc.  But the data is still there.

The site is beta at the moment and you need to re-login at the weather pages (if
you are already logined in elsewhere on their site).

I think the reason for change is the MyJeppesen App content uses the same format
and options.  I have not been able to get the MyJeppesen App yet as it may only
be available from Apple's USA App store.    Garmin have a few Apps only
accessible
---From that store as well.

I have to say that the weather depiction and coverage in WeatherProHD and
AeroPlus
(on iPad) beats the Jeppesen content.  My FliteStar software is out of date
- but that was the only time l used Jepp weather in the past, as it integrated
nicely with the software.

--------
John Wighton
Europa XS trigear G-IPOD