Europa-List: Italian tax - alternatively Portoroz

Subject: Europa-List: Italian tax - alternatively Portoroz
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 08:38:28
Looking ahead to a sunny summer, now that my flight to Aero 2012 has been
scrapped due to weather.

>From what I can read on the net, the new Italian tax on private aircraft is
in effect.  The assessment of the tax is confusing to me, as it appears to
be based on issue/expiry date of the Certificate of Airworthiness rather
than the duration of the stay, provided the stay is over 48 hours.  I see
that efforts by various organizations are made to repeal the tax, or allow a
much longer grace period, but no success so far.

Anyone having a better insight?

///

Read on an aviation blog that Portoroz in Slovenia is a good alternative if
one wishes to avoid being stuck in Italy due to weather or some unforeseen
circumstance like mechanical problem or illness.

Anyone been there?

Regards,

Svein

LN-SKJ