Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 starting problems when hot

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 starting problems when hot
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 14:05:52

Roland wrote:
> Frans,
>
> I had the same problem, albeit it occurred no matter if the engine was shut
> off
for 15 minutes or an hour.

> When my carburettors were rebuild last winter by Bert Spreuwenberg, it turned
out that the seals were due (the engine was built in 1999). Though unexpected
for me that solved the problem completely. I only open the throttle an inch or
so for warm start and it fires and runs immediately. I hope it remains that
way in summer when temperatures rise further.

> I also found out, that I don't need choke even after hours parking and even at
cold temperatures only for a few seconds.

> Maybe I'm just only lucky but I wish you the same.
>
> Update:
> Frans, disregard my last post. I had the same problem yesterday at Bitburg.
> Temperature
around 20C. It was flooded and started very reluctant. After landing
I discovered traces of fuel on the nose wheel spat. I also would be one of the
first customers for a (reliable) fuel injection.....

> Roland
> XS Trigear 914
> PH-ZTI

Read this topic online here: