Re: Europa-List: batch of classic fuel filler pipes being made

Subject: Re: Europa-List: batch of classic fuel filler pipes being made
From: Kevin Challis <kevinmarie@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:33:45
Put me down for 1 kit

G ODJG

Kevin Challis

On 14 Mar 2012, at 19:20, Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.co.uk> wrote:

> Right, update;
> I gave up on the three manufacturers I asked to bid on before, no wonder a
ll the work is going to China !
> Found someone [ a mate] to do the job, I need to know is how many are inte
rested in this first batch.
> I intend to keep a bunch in stock later, as ALL Classic Europa's are going
 to need one sooner or later, I have inspected 3 recently for Permit Renewal
, all getting close to being too far gone.
> Europa are not going to get any more rubber hoses made.
> The pipes will be from 6023 [ heat treated to T3 condition after bending i
n the T 0 state] with rolled beads on each end. Tags on both ends to ground [
 earth] to filler cap and ground circuit.
> Will be a ''new'' Mod with the LAA as we can't use Franks Mod if there is t
he SLIGHTEST deviation.Frank used 6063 T6 [ YES  T6 !] How did he bend that ?
 So different material spec needs a new Mod ! ?
> Will be a complete Kit with all connecting hoses, clips, wire etc.....
> I will have a firm price in a week or so, best guess at the moment for the
 pipe only is about =C2=A3115 / =C2=A3120, but that depends on the number ? L
ooking at the cost of the other items at the moment.
> Best to ship [ especially to overseas] in multiples, as they will be big [
 odd shape] can't be folded up like the rubber ones were ! ? [ mind, I expec
t Maureen would have tried !]
> So, who wants one in about 3 to 4 weeks ?
>  I have had a pipe made from gash steel to trial fit, [ got 3 Europa's to c
heck with, all slightly different !] if / when I get the go ahead from enoug
h of you I will be ready to do sets for real in the alloy.
> Looks like a win / win situation going to alloy, wont get the stink throug
h the poor quality rubber, and it will be lighter. Also got a ''cunning plan
'' to aid faster filling, will report back on that later.
> So Guys, show me your money !
> Nev

s I have let it slip, will look back into it this week and report back.

=========
=========
=========
=========