RE: Europa-List: Rotax 912s cold start problems

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Rotax 912s cold start problems
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:50:34

Tim=2C
I have been having exactly the same cold start problems as yourself with th
e 912s. I have tried a number of things that were suggested=2C and sometime
s I see an improvement=2C but it always comes back. No problems on a warm d
ay or with pre-heat. So=2C I have given up and will tow it next month to th
e local Rotax agent to look at.He thinks he is an expert and gives the cour
ses=2C so it should be a nice problem for him=2C and the engine will be col
d. No point in flying in.I have had the new starter for a long time=2C and
it certainly helped. Looked at the soft start module=2C  but I could do the
 same delayed ignition by pushing my separate starter button=2C and then sw
itching on the magneto four seconds later. I understand from others that th
e ssm is no guarantee for improvement anyway.If I have a fix I will be post
ing it.
Cheers=2C
Karl