Europa-List: Checking out in the mono/conventional gear Europa, Instruct

Subject: Europa-List: Checking out in the mono/conventional gear Europa, Instructors
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:54:20
Guys,
We haven't breached the subject of instructors for Bi annual or initial
checkouts in the Europa for some time and it would be great to have a
list updated annually somewhere.  So I'll do it for here in the States.
I have a list, but my instructors are getting far and few between, as
they are getting older and letting their ratings drop do to health and
liability concerns...

Background:
Insurance companies are getting tougher on all tail draggers, especially
the mono wheel.

Richard Kundel informed me his insurance company requires 10 hours of
dual in make and model (conventional gear) before solo and  5 hours
additional solo before taking passengers and he has a tail wheel
endorsement.  Another client of mine is in need of a CFI Glider
instructor for his bi annual and it must be in the Europa.

Because I own a trigear and have a little more flight experience, my
insurance company doesn't care what I get my bi annual in.  This is not
the case for all and it is particularly painful for those selling their
Europa and trying to find someone to check out the new owner for
insurance purposes.  But I lost my local CFI who I checked out in my
plane, and I was really letting it hang out as the plane could not be
used for checkouts for a fee.  Very painful now.

Jerry Hope out of Greenville TN is the only CFI owner I know at the
moment who is current.  He is also checked out in my aircraft.

Any others?
Name, Location, Type CFI, (CFIG, CFII etc.), Does he have or own and
will he use his personal Europa to train in.

Kindly Respond
Bud Yerly
Europa Tech Support