Europa-List: Fitting hinge brackets for flaps on Tri gear

Subject: Europa-List: Fitting hinge brackets for flaps on Tri gear
From: skanderup <allanskanderup@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 02:08:17

Hello every one,

Once again I would like to draw on your infinite amount of knowledge. My wife
and
I were yesterday trying to fit the hinges for the flap cross tube.
The two hinge brackets, FL18P and FL18S were laid into the 90mm slots cut in the
bottom of the fuselage as per the manual. When threading a thin line between
the inner flap hinges it is clear that the FL18 are approximately 12mm too far
aft, even though they are hard against the aft bulkhead of the wheel wells.
See attached photo.

In order to fit them I am considering two options:

1. Cut about 12mm of the fitting plate part of the FL18 (see attached photo)
2. Make a cut out into the wheel wells to fit the brackets.

Personally I do not find it a good idea to follow no.2, as it will have severe
effect on the strength of the main landing gear and the force transfer to the
fuselage.

The first option is my preferred one, however I would like to hear other
solutions
and suggestions.

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: