Europa-List: Throttle Cables

Subject: Europa-List: Throttle Cables
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 23:55:07

My throttle cables are a bit stiff, particularly when reducing power at low
power
settings.  Increasing power is fine.  I think I have the cable routing the
best I can achieve and the binding is definitely in the cables and not the
throttle
box itself.  The throttle lever arms on the carbs seem nice and free and
the springs seem in good order (the throttle opens nice and smoothly).

With the cables dismantled should I lubricate the cables?  Squirt some WD40 down
the outers perhaps?  Currently they are installed dry.

Cheers, Jon

--------
G-TERN
Classic Mono