Re: Europa-List: Jabiru

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Jabiru
From: Carl Meek <carlmeek@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:16:06
I'm the owner of G-CGNZ, another Jab6 installation.  I also use the
Sensenich 2 blade.

Regards,
-Carl.

From:  GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date:  Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:46:48 +0000 (GMT)
Subject:  Europa-List: Jabiru

Some of you might remember I said I only knew of one successful Jab6
installation? Well I had an interesting conversation with
a guy who's been happy with his for a few years now. Sensenich 2 blade prop,
3 blades are not ideal on a Jab6 because of
crank resonance issues which I hadn't heard about. There isn't much useful
info about Jabs although must admit I don't look far.

I wonder what the Mach no of the prop tips at 150 knots and 3300 rpm? Must
be going super critical, around .65 ish?
With a wooden prop the blades need to be thicker and that isn't good for
high speed. Are Sensenich using super critical sections?
Graham