Re: Europa-List: Medical & Europa for sale

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Medical & Europa for sale
From: klinefelter.kevin@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:07:30

Hi Jeff,
I hope your heart problem is sorted out soon.
I think you can fly your Europa under Light Sport rules. Just placard the
throttle
for whatever RPM gives 120kt cruise, max. With a fixed pitch prop.

Kevin

On Jan 23, 2012, at 9:28 AM, Jeffrey Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net> wrote:

> Hi All
> I have had a medical situation that has changed my future with my Europa. I'm
okay but about 2 months ago I had a scare and thought I was having a hart
attack.
I was rushed into the hospital having a heavy chest and pain... not to mention
almost passing out. As it turned out I have a good case arterial fibrillation.
My hart rate was at 150 when 65 to 70 is normal for me. Scared the shit
out of me.  Long story short after two days in the hospital I finally got my
hart back in rhythm with medication. Anyway had to wear a monitor for a month
and have had one other smaller occurrence. I know I should ground myself now
after
talking with an EAA doctor in another state. I just had a follow up with
my cardiologist and I believe at this point I'm not going to chance it and lose
my right to fly. I have for my winter project been working on a CH-750 since
September. Looks like that choice may have proven to be a wise one as it fits
in the LS category. I'm going to be placing Gold Rush!
>  up for sale. I have been flying her more this last fall and winter than ever.
I'm not taking anyone with me but I hate to stop flying now. She's running great
especially after having Bud put a new muffler on her and give it a go over.
I know if I sell her in this market I'm going to take a good hit but I can't
justify keeping her at this point. I wanted to let you all know and to let you
know the agreement for Rough River is in Paul McAllaster hands. Right now it
looks like if I do get there it will not be with the Europa. Maybe my tin can
will be done and I can legally fly it there. ;-)
> Anyway you all still need the event and Im sure Paul & Jeff will have it all
put together.
> I figure I'll start at asking 68K. Too bad as I have a lot more than that in
it not to mention my time. I have seen others sell for a lot less so I'm
prepared.
Please let all the Europa enthusiast know there's one fine Europa with 280
hours for sale here in the middle of the states. I'm not a paranoid person so
I have no intention at this point of parting her out. She fly's to nice to dice!
I will be placing a detailed add here next week.