RE: Europa-List: Heater - From Ex. Silencer

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Heater - From Ex. Silencer
From: Peter Jeffers <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:33:38

Hi Steve,
We have a classic Europa with pre XS engine installation and have for many
years used air heated by only a small section of the exhaust surface area.
The air flows into the cabin via 2" diameter scat hose and a butterfly valve
(old Land Rover Carburettor throttle valve).  The flow is quite small, in
fact very small but the cabin is so well sealed that we happily maintain
20 c when the OAT is minus 5.

Pete