RE: Europa-List: Electric Flap Mod 68 on Classic

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Electric Flap Mod 68 on Classic
From: Ivan Shaw <ivanshaw@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:01:38
Don't do it

Ivan

From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of GRAHAM
SINGLETON
Sent: 18 January 2012 00:31

John

no, flap retraction requires very little force, the flaps are almost
aerodynamically neutral, consider where the flap pivot is. The only load you
feel is the drag load, normally very low.

You will note that in flight you can place the flaps anywhere and they will
stay put if you let go the flap lever. Unless the gear elastic has gone
loose then the weight of the gear will pull them down.

Graham

  _____